Returning to School Information March 8th 2021
Returning to School Information
3rd March 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
Returning to school on 8th March 2021 and testing in schools
We are looking forward to seeing returning students on Monday 8th March. This week we have had between 35 and 45 students in each day and everything has gone well.
We are expecting over 90% of students back in on Monday 8th and here is some information about next week -
- Students do not need to have a test before returning, but parents can arrange a test if they feel safer doing so
- Parents of students who are returning on the 8th should have received a letter from me about testing, with a consent form. This form should be signed and sent in so we can test students regularly.
- The vast majority of students who have been in school over recent weeks are tested by our staff and have learned to be brave and tolerate the tests. Testing has been going very well.
- We intend to test all students and staff at least once a week and hopefully twice
- Over 90% of staff have had their first Covid vaccination
- We have had no cases or positive tests in school since Christmas
- Students will remain in strict bubbles
- All transport providers have been told that students are back in from 8th March
Our staff are very good at testing and we are happy to continue with the testing to support you (you will be aware that mainstream students and their families are being asked to test at home).
Please contact me if you wish to test your son / daughter at home. If I don’t hear from you I will assume you want us to continue with the testing here at school.
If you wish to discuss any issues, you can contact me on my mobile phone on 07900 – 366710
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org